Having a Strategic Investment Discipline is Key
- Capital markets have varying degrees of efficiency and are impacted by long-term themes and sector/industry trends.
- Investor behaviour affects capital markets and short-term asset prices; over the long term, asset values are driven by earnings.
- Managing risk is critical to achieving our objectives.
- Asset mix is the main determinant of portfolio risk and return; it is reasonable for investors to expect higher long-term returns for holding risky assets or asset classes.
- Successful investment managers capitalize on their competitive advantages.
- Foreign currency exposure provides important diversification benefits.
Environmental, Social, and Governance Matters Make a Difference
- Taking environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters into account enables investors to better understand, manage and mitigate risks and take advantage of opportunities associated with long-term investments.
- Companies that employ robust ESG practices are better positioned to generate long-term value for investors than similar companies with less favourable practices.
- Improving the sustainability and integrity of global capital markets creates favorable economic conditions that benefit investors over the long term.
- Skills are the foundation for successful long-term investment returns.
- Our continued success depends on using our best judgement and making ethical decisions that are aligned with our core values of integrity, accountability, team cohesiveness and transparency.