A Closer Look
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) began operations under the Public Sector Pension Plans Act in 2000 to provide investment services to British Columbia’s public sector. We generate the investment returns to help our institutional clients build a financially secure future. With our global outlook we seek investment opportunities that convert savings into productive capital that will meet our clients’ risk and return requirements over time. We offer investment options across a range of strategies and asset classes including public and private equity, infrastructure and renewable resources, fixed income and private debt, as well as real estate equity and real estate debt through our independently operated platform company QuadReal Property Group.
We focus on understanding our clients’ different investment needs – whether managing pension funds on behalf of plan trustees, growing capital reserves for insurance funds, or generating income for trust funds.
We invest inline with our clients’ investment frameworks and policies, as well as applicable legislation and regulations. BCI assists with developing strategies that take into account our clients’ investment objective, risk management requirements, and investment beliefs.
Partnering with clients to secure financial futures in a changing world.
We put clients at the forefront of all decisions and ahead of individual interests — understanding that when our clients are successful, we’re successful.
We collaboratively deliver on our clients’ goals, drive and support high performance, and rise to the occasion — we never settle.
We benchmark ourselves against the best — we constantly seek to improve.
We are accountable for our actions and decisions — we own our outcomes.
We share relevant and timely information — it builds common understanding and leads to better results.
We do what we say we will and mean what we say — we act ethically, support diversity, and consistently live BCI’s values.
The BCI Advantage
- We provide our clients with comprehensive funds management services, including:
- Portfolio services (asset mix management, portfolio and risk management, securities trading, credit and market analysis);
- Consulting (asset/liability studies, performance measurement reports, economic and capital market analysis, attribution analysis, investment and policy advice); and,
- Investment operation services (custodial services, policy compliance, security settlement, trade administration, security lending, accounting, and corporate governance).
- Prudent management of risks resulting from customized asset/liability strategies, extensive portfolio diversification, and a strong commitment to due diligence.
- Value added returns resulting from disciplined asset management, market foresight, and use of internal and external professional investment managers.
- We operate on a cost recovery model and do not receive subsidies or financial aid from any third party. We are accountable to our clients for the costs involved in managing their funds.